Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to Israel I go…

Yes, the redneck is headed to Eretz Israel (Land of Israel). My friend Regan called me this past weekend and the first question was, “You have lots of vacation, right?” That is usually a loaded question; however, this time it was great news. The male counselor dropped from the trip she was leading and needed a last minute (8 days notice) fill-in. How lucky am I that I answered the phone?!?

So, all I have to do is get to NYC (not as pricey as you’d think) and the rest is free courtesy of Birthright Israel! So, a quick call to book a flight and BAM!, I’m going to Israel virtually free. Airfare, hotels, activities and most meals. My luck really has turned around!

I’m working double-time this week to get things set at work so I can be gone for almost two weeks. I leave July, 15th and come back on the 27th. While I’m there I will be able to check e-mail at my yahoo address and facebook (what did we do before Black Berries?). If you don’t have these, odds are I don’t want to hear from you. If you think this is a mistake, give me a call.

I also plan on trying to drop a few updates on here while I'm there to keep everyone in the know. I look forward to some great insights to share.

Ok, off to get things in order.

No comments: